Who's minister of propaganda this week?

Don Dwiggins dwig at advancedmp.net
Thu Mar 15 12:48:36 EST 2001

Alex Martelli writes:
> Another way to express it: an interface is not just, not even
> _mostly_, about existence and signature of methods -- it's mostly
> about prereq's, post-conditions, and invariants; and nobody can
> check those at compile-time in enough cases to make a difference
> to your software's reliability.

I agree whole-heartedly with the first clause, but I wonder: if you made the
same statement over on comp.lang.eiffel, what kind of response would you
get from folks who use the language extensively?  Are Eiffel's prereq's,
post-conditions, and invariants mostly ignored in practice, or are they
commonly and effectively used?

--
Don Dwiggins                    "Solvitur Ambulando"
Advanced MP Technology
dwig at advancedmp.net