Java guy interested in Python

Steve Purcell stephen_purcell at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 10:20:08 EST 2001

Kyle Wayne Kelly wrote:
> Can anyone tell me some of the things that Python offers which are not
> available in Java?  I like Python's syntax, but what can Python do that
> Java can not do?  Any comments are helpful.

Just try it and see.

The 2 hours that you might spend trying to solicit and evaluate responses
from those on this list would already be enough to get a feel for Python!

You can whiz through the tutorial, then write a toy program or browse through
some existing code. (e.g. standard library modules)

(Hint: don't expect to choose between Python and other languages based on
'features' -- you won't find legibility, sanity and brevity mentioned
on any Java feature list.)

Have fun,

-Steve

--