sql query results to xml

Uche Ogbuji uche at ogbuji.net
Mon Mar 12 02:19:07 CET 2001

Scott Hathaway wrote:
> I want to create a tool that will take a valid SQL query and return the
> results as valid xml.  Before I reinvent the wheel, is there a python class
> or code snippet that someone has that does this already?

Not that I know of.  Are you planning to use the syntax from Oracle's
XSQL, or DB2's XML Extender, or any of the other hundreds of formats
available (see

But all that is just to point out that you probably don't have to
reinvent a resultant XML format.  A Python implementation for one of the
existing formats would be great.  Please make sure to mention it to the
Python XML SIG if you do it.

Uche Ogbuji
Personal:   uche at ogbuji.net		http://uche.ogbuji.net
Work:       uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com	http://Fourthought.com