Python, ASP, ADO, and Image string/binary problems

Shonn Gilson shonn at shonn.com
Wed Mar 7 00:54:24 EST 2001

It looks like I've figured out what part of the problem is but I don't have
a solution (well I do, but it's really ugly). Oh, and I'm new to python
coming from a VB background.
Okay, Python is processing the strings right (the tutorial didn't specify
that '\377' is octal not decimal.). The problem seems to be that when Python
passes strings through COM that they get translated to Unicode. This happens
for things like Response.BinaryWrite along with things like recordsets
(objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")).  The result is that the
beginning of my jpg file looks like
'\377\000\330\000\377\000\340\000\000\000\020\000J\000F\000I\000F' instead
of '\377\330\377\340\000\020JFIF'.

Does anyone know how to handle this?

Shonn

news:ta0amgebq0sn0b at corp.supernews.com...