Simple regex that has me banging my head against a wall

Kalle Svensson kalle at
Wed Mar 21 23:52:41 CET 2001

Sez Timothy Grant:
> Hi again.
> I actually thought I had this regex thing down pretty well, but
> I'm getting beat up by what I thought should be a simple one.

One \ too many, it seems.  The second argument to re.sub is not a regex, so
you don't have to escape the $.

> '\\\\$1\\\\$asdfjke\\\\$lkjasdkjfsdasdfj'
> All I want to do is substitute \$ for $.

Email: kalle at     | You can tune a filesystem, but you
Web: | can't tune a fish. -- man tunefs(8)
PGP fingerprint: 0C56 B171 8159 327F 1824 F5DE 74D7 80D7 BF3B B1DD
 [ Not signed due to lossage.  Blame Microsoft Outlook Express. ]