How to increase PythonWin v2.0: COM browser limits?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 03:24:52 EST 2001

"Mark Hammond" <MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote in message
news:3AB9444E.5040403 at ActiveState.com...
    [snip]
> Ahh - excellent.  Thats for tracking that down - it has always worked for
me.

Me too -- the categories part.  The one that breaks down is
the registered-libraries part (of combrowse.py).

The fix is in HLIHeadingRegisterdTypeLibs -- as the error
is an UnboundLocalError on 'name' at the line:

ret.append(HLIRegisteredTypeLibrary((keyName, versionStr), name))

I just set name to None right before the try/finally, and
guarded this specific line with an 'if name is not None:';
it now works fine (so I haven't looked deeper at WHAT was
causing the wrong behavior -- no doubt some craziness in
my registry, since other tools trying to systematically
parse it are also prone to funky breakdowns).

Alex