static methods

Aahz Maruch aahz at
Sat Mar 24 05:38:06 CET 2001

In article <mailman.985383828.2942.python-list at>,
Clark C. Evans <cce at> wrote:
>I was wondering if there is any rationale as to why
>Python classes do not have static methods?

Without debating the rationale, the standard answer is to stick the
class into a module with the same name and use module global functions
to simulate static methods.
                      --- Aahz  <*>  (Copyright 2001 by aahz at

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"I won't accept a model of the universe in which free will, omniscient
gods, and atheism are simultaneously true."  -- M