PEP 240 scares me

"Jürgen A. Erhard" juergen.erhard at gmx.net
Mon Mar 26 10:53:27 EST 2001

Hi Pearu,

    Pearu> Thanks for your replies. I now got it right what's in PEP 240.

I was drafting a message very similar to yours... that \d+\.\d+
confused me too.

Fortunately I read python-dev before posting it... and it slowly
(*sloooowly* ;-) dawned on me that what was really intended was not
1.4 == 1/4.  Which would have been royally stupid indeed.

So, I can feel with you (I made damn sure I pressed *delete* on that
draft and not *send* accidentially! ;-)

Bye, J

PS: I'm feeding python-dev daily from the pipermail archive... I'm not
posting this code anywhere as a) it's not really that impressive and
b) anyone who wants it can ask me... TPTB might possibly frown upon
such a thwarting of the marvellous "no-one can read the list directly,
but anyone can post" ;-P

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    juergen.erhard at gmx.net   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
     MARS: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard/mars_index.html