Basic information requested

Alexandre Fayolle alf at
Fri Mar 16 10:49:37 CET 2001

Jamie MacIsaac <jamie at> wrote:
> Hi,

> I've just started looking at Python and would like to use it to perform some
> simple admin tasks on a Windows network. However, I'm having difficulty
> finding out how to accomplish elementary tasks.

> Can someone please point me to sample code that shows how to map a network
> share and copy some files? Is there a central resource of code samples?

You may want to purchase a copy of 'Python Programming on Win32' (O'Reilly,
by Mark Hammond and Andy Robinson, ISBN 1-56592-621-8).
Chapter 16 covers this point. You can download the code samples from

Alexandre Fayolle
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).
LOGILAB, Paris (France).