Wrong reasons to enhancing the language

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Mon Mar 19 18:51:18 EST 2001

In article <9960i1$tp0$1 at nntp6.u.washington.edu>,
Russell E. Owen <owen at astrono.junkwashington.emu> wrote:

>I believe many of the improvements in Python 2.0 fall into the category
>of helpful improvements. I am more doubtful about some of the stuff
>coming up (including nested scopes, // and rational numbers), but we'll
>see how it works out.

None of those are Python 2.0 improvements.  Nested scopes are an
optional feature of Python 2.1 and the others are simply *proposed*
features.  This is a *great* time to be debating the numerics issues.

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

There's a difference between a person who gets shit zie doesn't deserve
and a person who gets more shit than zie deserves.  --Aahz