Help with 500 error on cgi script

Steve Purcell stephen_purcell at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 05:00:22 EST 2001

Sheila King wrote:
> Well, I was getting 500 internal server errors. I've checked everything. The
> path, etc...
>
> I've compared my file to the other two files and just can't see what I'm doing
> wrong.
>
> So, here is my script. I'm sure someone here will see it right off?

You need to write out a 'Content-type' header when form_ok is true, too!

It's the lack of that header that causes the 500 error. If you're pretty
sure your content is going to be text/html, it can be good practice to write
out the content header before any other code.

-Steve

P.S. What's with the 'spamcop' reply address? Is that your real address or
do unsuspecting helpful responders get their mail accounts terminated?

--
Steve Purcell, Pythangelist
Get testing at http://pyunit.sourceforge.net/