Divorcing Command Line and GUI

Timothy Grant tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Fri Mar 9 12:59:33 EST 2001

Hello Everyone.

This is something of a strange question, but please bear with
me.

I have a series of tools that I have created that work from the
command line. I have now been tasked with creating GUIs for
those tools. The problem I'm faced with is that the command
line tools and the GUI tools will probably be licensed
differently (e.g, command line will be Open Source, GUI will be
something undetermined as of yet.) This means that I can't put
my GUI code in with my CL code.

My first cut at this demarcation sort of worked, but was also
troublesome. So while I have some new ideas, I'm looking to see
if anyone else in the python community has ever had to do
something like this, and if there are any easily maintainable
solutions to this problem.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.         <><       (503) 246-3630