Setting an attribute on a Python object from C

Alex Martelli aleaxit at
Sat Mar 10 23:21:07 CET 2001

"Steve Holden" <sholden at> wrote in message
news:8Adq6.46418$1D5.2158622 at
> "G. Sumner Hayes" <SumnerH at> wrote in message
> news:mailman.984151691.9715.python-list at
> > Here's what I'm doing (implementing a Python DB 2.0 driver for Microsoft
> > SQL server):
> Are you aware of mxODBC? Without wishing to steal your thunder, it's a
> pretty good ODBC for (SQL Server, Access, ...)

Yes, but ODBC is not the be-all, end-all of database interfacing -- it
is a pretty old technology, which its originator (Microsoft) is busy
trying to bury, and it does have its problems.  It may be a good thing
to have alternate, API-DB compliant ways to access RDBMS's...!!!