Install Python on Apache

Sharp s.sharp at fh-aargau.ch
Fri Mar 23 10:21:02 EST 2001

Hi Everybody

I sucked down Python from python.org and started to install the program
on a win2000 apache system. that has worked perfectly. but then I tried
to set up the apache httpd.conf file with the following options

AddType application/x-httpd-py .py
Action application/x-httpd-py /cgi-bin/Python/python.exe

(cgi.bin is set to the right place because php and perl do work)

But then it did not work. I hava also tried several variations but always
with the same comands.
The Error Message in the Apache error.log was

[Fri Mar 23 15:54:50 2001] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Premature end of
script headers: c:/web/cgi-bin/python/python.exe

the script is looking like this

#!c:/web/cgi-bin/Python/python.exe
print "<html>";
print " <head>";
print " <title>Test Page for Apache Test Suite</title>";
print " </head>";
print " <body>";
print " <h1>It Worked!</h1>";
print " </body>";
print "</html>";

have you got me a solution? that would be great.

yours
Sharp