Functionalism, aesthetics Was:(RE: I come to praise .join, not

Aahz Maruch aahz at
Tue Mar 20 17:06:01 CET 2001

In article <mailman.985066344.32125.python-list at>,
Clark C. Evans <cce at> wrote:
>Well, this is a problem with open source in general.  Most
>coders have the attitude: "If you can't code, get out of
>the kitchen".  Sad, but true.

There's some of this in the Python community, but more often around here
it's simply a demand to be clear about what's wanted.  As Tim is fond of
pointing out, every time he asks people how to do floating point "the
right way", he gets *at* *least* as many answers as people responding.
                      --- Aahz  <*>  (Copyright 2001 by aahz at

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

There's a difference between a person who gets shit zie doesn't deserve
and a person who gets more shit than zie deserves.  --Aahz