Creation d'un NG francophone sur Python

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Fri Mar 30 18:38:23 EST 2001

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 11:18:56PM +0000, François Granger wrote:
| Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:
|
| > I certainly would never vote against a French Python newsgroup.
| > But, I want to let you know that French language postings are
| > quite welcome in this group -- as are threads in any other
| > language.

ditto

| Thanks for this message and other nice messages.
| And sorry to have started a political thread about linguistic, this was
| not my aim.

Of course not, you were trying to learn something.  You should feel
comfortable posting in whatever language you like (or know, or
whatver) best.  Apparently some other people here speak french and
were able to understand (and hopefully answer!) your questions.  I, on
the other hand, am another one of those undeducated americans <wink>.
I have no trouble delete messages I can't understand regardless if
they are in french or random binary junk.

Here's a joke I once heard :

What do Europeans call someone who speaks 3 languages?
    Trilingual.
What do Europeans call someone who speaks 2 languages?
    Bilingual.
What do Europeans call someone who speaks 1 language?
    An American.

<grin>

(actually I think it was "swiss" not european in the version I
heard, but that was because it was associated with a story about a
trip to Switzerland,  substituting any locale where multi-lingual-ness
is the norm works just as well)

Have a nice day...
-D