newsgroup postings: cursor.execute fails under mxODBC

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Tue Mar 13 12:32:30 EST 2001

[CCed to the Python newsgroup, since I believe this is of general
 interest; hope you don't mind.]

Louis Luangkesorn wrote:

> Hello
>
> This is regarding the mxODBC 2.0 module that you have been providing (by
> the way, thank you).  On the comp.lang.python newsgroup there has been
> some discussion regarding the trouble some of us have been having on
> using the mxODBC 2.0 packages under Windows (95, 98, 2000).  Referring
> to the Sunday 11 Marsh message from Brett Haydon, apparently something
> happened when the packages got updated to 2.0, so his installation works
> under 1.1.1 but failed when he installed the 2.0 packages.
>
> I am wondering if this is a known problem with a fix, or if it is
> possible to obtain the 1.1.1 packages which seem to be more stable right
> now.

Thank you for forwarding the messages. I have had numerous questions
about this problem and will look into it later this week (just came
back from the Python conference and am still fighting the jet lag).

One thing I've noted about the problem reports is that all seem
to use ActiveState Python 2.0. There may be an issue here, since
the mxODBC (alas the egenix-commercial) package was compiled against
the BeOpen Python 2.0 version which is available from python.org.

Could you perhaps check whether you experience the same problems
using BeOpen Python 2.0 ?

Thanks,
Marc.

--