Pick Systems D3 Database

Daniel Klein danielk at aracnet.com
Wed Mar 21 09:05:14 EST 2001

There is no way to communicate with D3 other than thru ODBC as it is a very
insulated database. Could you find out if your customer would be willing to
move the data to jBASE (which is an open database that uses the same data
structure as D3; this should be a trivial operation)? If so, then I have
written a Python client which provides classes and methods to access and
manipulate the database directly without going thru any sort of external
driver.

Daniel Klein
Portland OR USA