Color curses and Python 2?

Radovan Garabik garabik-news at
Tue Mar 13 19:00:42 CET 2001

Jim Dennis <jimd at> wrote:
 :  I can categorically guarantee that my terminal/console supports
 :  common ncurses color (since I use it with vim, slrn, w3m, lynx,
 :  xemacs, dialog, and the Perl module among others).

 :  Heck I can even use color in shell using tput!  (Please don't
 :  suggest that I use external calls to tput in my Python code;
 :  that's not the question here).

 :  As I said, I haven't seen a 1.6.x package for Debian.  I gather
 :  that the 1.5.x versions don't have ncurses/color support (I
 :  compiled my own for that).  Part of the question at hand is whether
 :  the 2.x betas were supposed to have color support.

well, I am using python2 as distributed with woody and color
definitely works....

| Radovan Garabik |