newbie needs help installing NumPy, reference material.

Pete Shinners shredwheat at mediaone.net
Mon Mar 19 10:17:51 EST 2001

> > Just trying to get numeric python installed on a win2000 machine with python
> > 2.0, Idle, etc installed (but without a c compiler). I've downloaded
> > http://download.sourceforge.net/numpy/NumPy1711_20.zip, but am unclear about
> > whether it's the right version (there's an 18.0 version) and how to install
> > it.  The documentation at www.python.org was a little outdated.

hi, i also have a precompiled binary of Numeric 17.3 for win32 and python2.0
this isn't the latest version of Numeric, but afaik, the latest versions
only add features for python2.1 anyways, so it shouldn't make a difference
for python2.0

http://pygame.seul.org/ftp/contrib/Numeric-17.3-win32-2.0.zip

i've been doing all the precompiled win32 releases for the 16.x and
17.x. when 17.3 was released i also created this archive, but it was
never included into the sourceforge archive.

anyways, you can also use the link above for 17.1.1 fine, just letting
you know about this newer version i have. as with either version, just
unzip the archive into your C:\PYTHON20 directory (wherever it may be)