Setting search path

michael montagne montagne at boora.com
Fri May 11 11:47:31 EDT 2001

I need some advice on the best way to handle this on WinNT.  I really
getting excited about Python and I'm thinking I'll use it more and more.
But for each person in the offfice (100 people), I need to install Python on
their machines.  I'd like to create a directory on the network for all my
scripts, modules, and packages.  That way I can update the code in one place
and all my users can share the same files.  I'll still need a development
path so on my machine I'd need another directory in front of the shared one.
This also keeps all my code safe from upgrade overwrites.  I've read about
.pth files but I'm not sure that is best in my case.
What is the standard way to handle this issue?

-mjm