Are PIL1.1.1 and PyXML0.6.5 compatible?

Richard Townsend richardt at edshk.demon.co.uk
Fri May 4 05:19:14 EDT 2001

I built and installed PyXML0.6.5 on Python2.0 (HPUX11.00) and the
testxml.py runs OK.

I then built a new python executable with PIL1.1.1.  This works OK for
PIL but the testxml.py fails like this:

PyXML-0.6.5/test > python testxml.py
test_dom
test_domu
test test_domu skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_encodings
test test_encodings skipped -- an optional feature could not be imported
test_howto
test test_howto crashed -- exceptions.TypeError : not enough arguments;
expected 2, got 1
test_htmlb
Bus error(coredump)

Please can somebody tell me how to compile a Python 2.0 executable with
support for PyXML and PIL built in?

(I'm still using Python 2.0 because Python 2.1 won't compile on HPUX -
bug reported on SourceForge).
--
regards
Richard Townsend