.NET SDK, compiling Python 2.0, anyone done it?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at home.com
Sun May 6 03:22:26 EDT 2001

As I will be leaving my current company in a few weeks, I'm looking to
replace the company's C++ compiler with something free so that I can
continue building various extension modules (mostly PyOpenGL).  From what I
can see, the .NET SDK compiler is a full version of the command line
compiler from visual studio.

Has anyone tried this compiler with Python extensions?  From what I can see,
the compiler doesn't seem to include some of the headers files that visual
studio includes. In particular, it appears that basetsd.h isn't available,
and it does appear to be required by the Python headers.

Is there are better approach?  A better compiler for the task?  A document
outlining what changes need to be made to compile with this compiler?

Enjoy yourselves,
Mike