Python and Ruby , object oriented questions

A Meowbot meowbot at meowing.net
Sun May 13 23:30:55 EDT 2001

> I am looking for reasons to avoid learning Ruby.

Okay, this kind of thing has bugged me for the longest time.  What is
the source of this meme, that there can be One and Only One Real True
Language, and all others must be banished to the hinterlands?

I've found all along that the more languages I play with, the easier
it becomes to play with yet more of them.  Do others find it works out
differently for them, that carrying more than one language around just
makes a mental mishmash of the others?