Mod python advice

Jeff Davis jdavis at empires.org
Tue May 15 00:16:27 EDT 2001

I really like python, but I haven't used it much on the web (a couple CGIs).
I can use mod_python, but it seems to be focused on writing an apache
module. I recently noticed its built-in handlers, such as publisher and
cgihandler, but cgihandler is 'not recommended...long term'
(www.modpython.org) and the others seem somewhat foreign.

I am going to be taking on a pretty large project; will I be better off
using publisher, or might cgihandler be a better choice? Or is there some
other tactic people have found useful (like Zope maybe)? It is important
that I retain the ability to access all of python's features, and I would
also like to be able to import python modules written in C if I need to.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
        Jeff