Tkinter wm_withdraw doesn't work

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed May 23 10:39:44 EDT 2001

Carl Fink wrote:

> > Python is a language that do not disallow silly things from happening, so
> > everybody should really read the (unluckily, non-existent) manual.  Since
> > it is currently impossible to read the manual, everybody should really read
> > the source.
>
> Now, I'm not a C programmer, so essentially you just said "You
> shouldn't try to use Tkinter."

fwiw, in an earlier paragraph, he quoted my Tkinter introduction
document.  looks like what he really said is "don't trust my advice"

an overview of the Tkinter classes can be found here:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/tkinter-classes.htm

the wm_withdraw method is described here, together with other
Tk/Toplevel methods:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/toplevel-window-methods.htm

for a general intro to Python's class concept, and how method
inheritance works, see your favourite Python book.

Cheers /F