Newbie with Tkinter problems

Achim Domma achim.domma at syynx.de
Thu Nov 8 10:22:04 EST 2001

"Kerstin Dressler" <kerstin.dressler at web.de> wrote in message
news:3bea8c8a$1 at netnews.web.de...

> Also I've got problems with opening the files (the gif as well as the file
> need for the Listbox).
> -> logo = PhotoImage(file="./Power at work_transparent_8farben.gif")
> -> liste = open('./envliste', 'r')
> In both cases I get the error message: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or
> directory: './envliste'.
> But both files are in the same directory as the py-script?
> What could be wrong there?

If both files could not be opened I would guess that the path is wrong or
you are not in the folder you think. I don't know excactly how python
handles filenames, but it could be possible that you have to use \ instead
of / on Windows 95. If that's not your problem try to show the current
working dir with os.getcwd().

hope that helps

Achim