Newbie with Tkinter problems

Kerstin Dressler kerstin.dressler at web.de
Thu Nov 8 07:45:46 EST 2001

Hi,

I need to make a GUI with three columns.
 gif     | Label  | Label
 Label   | Button | Button
 Listbox | Button | Button
  "      | Button | Button
 and so on (another 4 rows like this)
 Button  | nothing | nothing
and last another Button centered

My problems now are:
- I wish to have some sort of border around the complete column 2 and 3 (not
around each cell)?
- When the user resizes the GUI, I wish the Listbox to expand, but the other
columns are to stay as wide as they are. The space between the Buttons (vertical)
may change.

Also I've got problems with opening the files (the gif as well as the file I
need for the Listbox).
-> logo = PhotoImage(file="./Power at work_transparent_8farben.gif")
-> liste = open('./envliste', 'r')
In both cases I get the error message: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or
directory: './envliste'.
But both files are in the same directory as the py-script?
What could be wrong there?

I'm working on Win95 and Python 2.1.1 where the Tkinter module is already
included.

Hope anyone can help me.
Thanx in advance,
Kerstin