Signed (and now seen)

Martin Armstrong martin at tactilis.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 17:58:00 EST 2001

In article <ez8I7.9659$vQ1.362740 at atlpnn01.usenetserver.com>, Steve
Holden <sholden at holdenweb.com> writes

>"Martin Armstrong" <martin at tactilis.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:PhgUoNIqkE87Ew2Z at tactilis.demon.co.uk...
>> In article <mailman.1005432503.17934.python-list at python.org>, Jürgen A.
>> Erhard <jae at jerhard.org> writes
>>

>> It doesn't matter what you wrote.
>>
>> What matters is:

>>                                             ^  ^
>> Colons are no longer broken :)  -----------^--^

>Sadly, my wonderful Microsoft mail reader

Steve, stop right there!  Reflect on the error of your ways ;-)

>still insists on showing the
>message as empty, with a 448-byte text attachment and a 286-byte .dat
>attachment.

Well, that's obviously the optimum way to display a PGP signed message.
Well done Microsoft.

>Of course, it must a be problem with the posting, because
>there's no chance Microsoft could wrong-headedly ignore well-established
>Internet standards this way ;-)

Perhaps you should have a word with Jürgen. Ask him to change his User
Agent. It is must be broken beyond repair :)

It must be pure co-incidence that my UA can now display Jürgen's signed
messages perfectly.  Nothing to do with:

> But I'm glad the mail gateway is fixed.

Yes, thanks Barry W.

--
Martin Armstrong                        <mailto:martin at tactilis.co.uk>