RogueLike Games in Python

Stefan Antoni sasoft at
Thu Nov 22 18:54:24 CET 2001

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 09:47:12PM -0800, Erik Max Francis wrote:
> "A. Keyton Weissinger" wrote:
> > Anyone know of any written completely (i.e. not just partially) in
> > Python?
> >
> > Thanks in advance...
> I don't believe there are any, although there are a few in progress.
> You can check in for more information.
> As a side note about the sad level of understanding of Python in the
> world, there was a thread in that newsgroup about how BASIC would be a
> superior choice for creating a Roguelike than Python ...
I started to implement something like that in python, but i'm not
skilled enough to code a robust game engine (threading-problems,
server/client problems, KI problems, lack of gameplay etc.).
Anybody who's working at this kind of game in pure python?
I'm highly interested in this, too.

Stefan Antoni
Don Nov 22 12:48:40 EST 2001
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )