Python on AIX

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 23 10:29:10 EST 2001

marco <mdlch at altavista.net> writes:

> We haven't tried those, though. Still, we hope this is helpful for
> people trying to perform the compilation on their own, and to the
> Python developers by letting them know about the glitches we
> encountered.

Unfortunately, it doesn't help Python developers much. What *would*
help is to have an expert on AIX with much time at his hands, who
understands all the problems and proposes a fix. That fix, ideally,
would work on all versions of AIX or clearly identify the versions it
does work for, and not interfere with the build procedure on other
systems (or generalize that so that AIX comes out as an instance of
the general procedure, instead of being a special case on its own).

Regards,
Martin