upload file using cgi on Win2k IIS

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Thu Oct 11 14:42:19 EDT 2001

Jason McWilliams wrote:

> Here is something interesting.  I can upload .txt and .doc files no
> problem,
> no matter what the size.  Things die when trying to upload .gif or .zip
> or .tgz
> or other binaries similar.  Some of it gets uploaded, but only a small
> portion?
>
> I am at a loss now.

A wild guess--is it possible that the binary files have an embedded EOF-character?
IIS (or Windows) could conceivably see that embedded character and decide that it is
indeed at the end of file, even though there's more data in the real file....

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International