Using Tkinter's clipboard

Johnny deBris johnny at debris.2y.net
Tue Oct 30 11:21:47 EST 2001

Hi there,

I was wondering how to use the clipboard from Tkinter. I noticed there
are some methods for clearing and appending to the clipboard, but none
to retreive something from it... Is there no way at all to retreive
data from the clipboard using Tkinter? I'm writing a small texteditor
that has to work cross-platform, so the Tkinter-way would be a lot
easier than using the windows-clipboard lib. If there's no way to do
it using Tkinter, though, could you people tell me how to work with
the clipboard in X? 'Cause I did not find anything about that either
:)

Thanx a bunch,

Guido Wesdorp, Holland