Extracting attachments with Python?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Oct 15 22:50:39 EDT 2001

There is code that will read .dbx files from Outlook Espress, and certainly
once you can read a mail message you can extract attachments from it as long
as it's a well-structured email message (and there's no reason it won't be).

I've provided the .dbx reader to several people on an individual basis,
saying each time that I'd release it when I'd turned it into usable form.
Since that may never happen, and other people might want to use it by
modifying it, I've now published it in my public-domain Python code page.
See

    http://www.holdenweb.com/Python/

regards
 Steve