CGI question on input type=text form elements

Rhett lookuprhett at
Thu Oct 11 20:28:41 CEST 2001

You must have made a silly mistake somewhere. Either that or there is
a browser/web server issue. This works fine for me on apache under
linux, python 2.1.1

<form action='poster.cgi'>
<input name='test_1' type='text'>
<input name='submit' value='submit' type='submit'>

import cgi

form = cgi.FieldStorage()

print 'Content-type:text/html\n\n'
for f in form.keys():
    print str(f) + ': ' + str(form[f].value)