curses vs slang

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Oct 2 14:47:33 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.1002043861.11705.python-list at python.org>, Marco Mariani wrote:

> I'm about to write a tty data-entry application on Linux.
>
> Do you think I should go for the ncurses or the slang wrapper?

If I were you, I'd pick a high-level library like newt (uses
newt/slang) or something similar for ncurses (is there a Python
interface to CDK?).  If you're rolling your own widgets, then I
think ncurses is more heavyweight.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Spreading peanut
                                  at               butter reminds me of