curses vs slang

Grant Edwards grante at
Tue Oct 2 20:47:33 CEST 2001

In article <mailman.1002043861.11705.python-list at>, Marco Mariani wrote:
> I'm about to write a tty data-entry application on Linux.
> Do you think I should go for the ncurses or the slang wrapper?

If I were you, I'd pick a high-level library like newt (uses
newt/slang) or something similar for ncurses (is there a Python
interface to CDK?).  If you're rolling your own widgets, then I
think ncurses is more heavyweight.

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Spreading peanut
                                  at               butter reminds me of
                                 opera!! I wonder why?