File upload in python module?

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at
Tue Oct 30 14:52:57 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Ringling" <wayne at>

>  I am working on a web project that needs a way to upload a gif or jpg (or
> any file I guess) to a web server via the web interface. I have seen them
> perl and java.

Where?  The Java source would be instructive.  Can't read Perl... (neither
can many Perl programmers, though.)

> I am trying to use all python.  Is there a python module or
> script already done to handle this?  I looked thru the module list at
> but didn't see anything that looked like it would handle it.
> Maybe I missed it.  Any pointers or ideas. Thanks

Are you talking about a sender-side or receiver-side script?  Oleg (in
another post) assumed receiver-side but that's not what it sounds like
to me.

"web interface" means what, exactly?  Interacting with some existing CGI
script/program?  Handling a PUT method, or a custom POST method?