GUI?

Ken Seehof kseehof at neuralintegrator.com
Sun Sep 23 14:07:03 EDT 2001

> Hi There, I am a programming newbie and was told that Python would be a
good
> first language because of its extensive documentation and clean, readable
> code. Anyway, it sounds great as a scripting language and I wanted to know
> if Python can create GUI applications?, perhaps using GTK?
>
> Thanks

I recommend wxPython.  It's easy to learn, and unlike the direct GTK
binding, it is
portable (currently GTK and Windoze, with Mac and others hopefully coming
soon).

www.wxpython.org

After you download it, just run the Demo.  The demo will help you learn it
very
quickly.  Everyone I know who has worked with wxPython and other python GUIs
prefer wxPython over the others.  In general, people who prefer other GUIs
obviously haven't tried wxPython :-)

- Ken