Interesting topics

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 22 11:41:18 EDT 2002

Doru-Catalin Togea || Mon 22 Apr 2002 02:32:32a:

> Hi all,
>
> I have subscribed to several other lists besides this one, (not python
> lists) and I noticed that there are being posted quite interesting
> mails here. On other lists, even though unmoderated, people do not
> tolerate that many off-the-topic postings.
>
> Personally, I don't really care, YET. I have to delete over 150
> postings everyday anyways, so I've become really proficient at hitting
> the 'D' key which marks mails for deletion in PINE. But if the ratio
> of noise to signal increases too much on this list, it can become
> boring to remain on it.

Remember, the mailing list you're on is tied directly into a usenet
newsgroup called comp.lang.python. Newsgroups and the related software
all scale a lot better to this kind of volume, with the ability to just
read what you want and ignore the rest, and i'm not sure in general, but
i'm pretty sure it's a lot faster than it would be to get all this
through the little pipe from our crappy email servers here =).

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com