Requesting a reference for a book on NNTP

TuxTrax TuxTrax at fortress.tuxnet.net
Wed Aug 7 23:13:23 EDT 2002

On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 11:28:36 -0400, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz Wrote in
Steve Ballmers hair grease:

> In <30770aa4.0207241752.ace193b at posting.google.com>, on 07/24/2002
>    at 06:52 PM, bogusdrop at myself.com (TuxTrax) said:
>
>>I am beginning a project in python, that will require a greater
>>understanding of NNTP protocols (and python!) than I currently
>>possess.
>
> Well, in addition to reading RFC 1036 and extensions, you might look
> for books by Comer or Stevens that cover NNTP. I also concurr with the
> suggestion to check what is available from www.ora.com; they are a
> valuable resource.
>
> --
>      Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT
>      Atid/2, Team OS/2, Team PL/I
>
> Any unsolicited commercial junk E-mail will be subject to legal
> action.  I reserve the right to publicly post or ridicule any
> abusive E-mail.
>
> I mangled my E-mail address to foil automated spammers; reply to
> domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not
> reply to spamtrap at library.lspace.org

Not needed, but thanks anyway. Python has an amazing NNTP library that
is a true no brainer to use. I am well on my way in a project that I
thought was going to take me a very long time because I didn't know of
this library. Python rocks!

Cheers,

Mathew

--
TuxTrax   (n.) An invincible, all terrain, Linux driven armored assault
vehicle that can take as much fire as it gives ;-)

Yes, I am a Penguin cult high priest. Flipper readings upon request.

ROT13 this email address to mail me: uvtuqrfregzna at lnubb.pbz