browser in tkinter ??

Mike Clarkson support at internetdiscovery.com
Fri Aug 9 23:37:45 EDT 2002

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 23:43:24 +0200, "Gillou" <nospam at bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>AFAIK, you can't put a browser component (read html renderer) in a tk frame.

You can use the TkHTML widget with a Python wrapper. For an example
of what the TkHTML widget can do, see
	http://www.browsex.com/

Gustavo Cordova <gcordova @ hebmex.com> kindly contributed a Python
wrapper for TkHTML, and I've put it in tixapps-1.6.tar.gz on
	http://tix.sourceforge.net/Tixapps/

I haven't tested it, but TkInter wrappers are usually not too hard to
debug.

You *can* put a browser component (read html renderer) in a tk frame,
using optcl amongst other ways. For a good example see newzpoint at
	http://mini.net/tcl/newzpoint

It shouldn't be that hard to write a wrapper for optcl in Python,
which is all you need to do the equivalent of a newzpoint in
Python. if you do, I'll happily include it in tixapps if you want.

Mike.