browser in tkinter ??

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 21 03:49:09 EDT 2002

claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird) wrote:
> Ha!  Not only can it be done, it can be done in one line:

dOOd d3t ls L33t
But pretty useless for a python programmer :)

> I recognize that's not an entirely satisfying answer for
> Tkinter.  It *could* be, though with a little work.  <URL:
> http://wiki.tcl.tk/tkhtml > is probably also pertinent.

Erm, that TKhtml has to be compiled in WEIRD ways, installation
nightmare, non-portable -> A total mess -> All in all a BAD thing.
And unfortunately this kind of thing gives open source a bad
reputation.

There are still people out there who write packages / libraries that
are almost impossible to install.  Or need a special OS, with even
`root' access or whatever or no easy way without being `su'.  Very
unlike what people like about Python.