Interesting comments about Py on LT

Martin v. Löwis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 7 07:50:05 EDT 2002

Paul Rubin <phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com> writes:

> Hi, a typical javacard implementation might have 4k-8k or so of ram,
> some additional indeterminate amount (typically 4k-20k) of eeprom,
> and another 32k-64k of non-writable rom to hold the interpreter
> and possibly some application code.  I haven't heard of Python
> running in anything near that small a device.

The Deeply Embedded Python ran on a board with 64k ROM, 256k RAM:

http://www.tucs.fi/Magazin/output.php?ID=2000.N2.LilDeEmPy#_edn9

I'll leave it to your judgement whether this is "near". One of the
Java SmartCard chips (SmartJ ST22) has 224KB ROM, 64KB EEPROM (this is
where the Java objects live).

Regards,
Martin