Irmen de Jong
irmen at NOSPAMREMOVETHISxs4all.nl
Thu Aug 1 19:20:34 CEST 2002
Garry Taylor wrote:
> I don't need the applications to return a value, I just need one QT
> app to be able to tell another QT app to do something.
For a pure Python solution have a look at Pyro; http://pyro.sourceforge.net
I think this will give you the easiest solution. But it only works
in a pure Python system.
If you need to call non-Python programs, you might want to investigate:
- pure TCP/IP or Unix domain socket communication (see socket module)
- XML RPC (see xmlrpclib module)
- SOAP ( see SOAP module from PyGoogle project)
- CORBA ( see www.fnorb.org )
- shared memory ( see the shm module )
Irmen de Jong.
PS perhaps QT also provide some form of IPC by itself?
More information about the Python-list