examples of CGI "games" with Python

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 13 02:32:49 EST 2002

[Erik Max Francis]
>    playing via CGI is going to be nightmare.  Imagine
> playing Nethack and -- even in the best case -- having to wait a few
> seconds for _each and every_ move.

I understand that.  I will design it in such a way that users can
queue commands and there is no need for very fast interactivity.
Commands will not be like 'move left' but more like 'go from city A to
city B' and 'build temple'.  At http://ige.qgir.cz there is a game
where every turn even takes *one day* and I like it (and its written
in Python).

> Interesting problem; what is his motivation?  It can be that he thinks
> it's a security risk, since Python is already there.  What is it, just
> laziness and/or stubbornness?

Probably both.  He just 'has no time for it' and does not want to
study Python 2 and its sequrity risks or whatever I guess.  I never
got an official reason.  Its like this: the policy is 'we give no
support for CGI'.  Policies are made in meetings with the management.
Any questions or email about CGI are not answered.  And the only
reason to do something on that machine must have to do with CGI.  Fun
huh!