SSL problem with Python (NEWBIE ALERT)

AJ a-no-space-here-weberr at verizon-dot.net
Wed Feb 13 08:51:12 EST 2002

Can anyone tell me why this is suddenly occuring?  It seemed to work in
previous runs.  It's the ipcheck.py script on:
http://ipcheck.sourceforge.net/.

I'm told it's probably a corrupt Python library.  Does anyone know how to
troubleshoot this further, and/or how/which library I should re-install (and
where to get that lib)?  If I run the script with the flag to use non-ssl
connections it works fine...but who wants to be sending username/passwords
over the net in the clear???

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
--AJ

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ipcheck.py", line 4083, in ?
    _main(sys.argv)
  File "ipcheck.py", line 3663, in _main
    h2.putrequest("GET", updateprefix + hostlist + updatesuffix)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/httplib.py", line 437, in putrequest
    self.send(str)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/httplib.py", line 379, in send
    self.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/httplib.py", line 639, in connect
    ssl = socket.ssl(realsock, self.key_file, self.cert_file)
socket.sslerror: SSL_connect error