* separated values

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Wed Jan 16 03:57:27 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 10:24:44PM +0000, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
> >> I think I've seen questions about CSV often enough to be sick of them,
> >> so it seems likely that CSV is worth adding.
> >
> >   Are you saying that the library is growing not becasue our developers
> >are smart, but because our users are stupid?
>
> Sorry for kicking the troll, but what do you mean by this? The fact

   Users who write their own modules instead of looking for already created
are stupid. And those who ask here instead of using search engines are
double stupid. But this stupidity is not a reason to include a module in
the library.

> that many people need CSV is a valid reason for standard lib
> inclusion.

   I dont think so. Many people need image processing, audiofile
processing, they need this and they need that. Should all modules for this
and that be included into the libraray? I don't think so. The library
should contains basic modules and distutils.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru