Python is just as good as C++ for real apps

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Tue Jan 29 11:37:33 EST 2002

>The dynamic typing is a large part of what makes python python, but it
>also contributes to making python->native compilation harder and
>contributes to not having the performance potential that C has.

It makes it harder and it contributes, but it isn't the main problem.
The main problem is the intertwining of how slots in objects can come
and go and first-class access to the namespaces that contain them.
To conquer the large share of the "Python performance problem," one
first has to address the dynamic nature of the namespaces; of course,
for all I know, that's what you had in mind when you said "statically
typed".

C//