Nobody knows? But why?

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick at usa.xerox.com
Tue Jan 29 09:53:18 EST 2002

>From what I am reading in the Python Documentation....
(See Index, Proxy, Page 288)

You need to use URLLIB2, instead of Httplib, and set the
ProxyHandler method...

Httplib just does not have the intelligence to deal with proxies,
unless my docs have become outdated...

It's (httplib) is just the basic functions for accessing the URL's.
Urllib & Urllib2 are "extendors", which build upon the functionality
of the httplib.

		- Benjamin