Telnet and running commands on remote systems

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Jan 10 08:57:29 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1010656214.2862.python-list at python.org>,
Jason Orendorff <jason at jorendorff.com> wrote:
>> YMMV, but, as for me, I feel much safer in having no telnet
>> (nor any non-anonymous FTP) taking place, and relying on SSH
>> and friends for everything...
>
>Good answer - to which I might add, if the task involves several
>commands, write a script that does everything.  Use Python or
>bash, or whatever you like.  Put the script on the server,
>and then invoke it remotely from Python via ssh.
>
>## Jason Orendorff    http://www.jorendorff.com/

Me, too.  Conventional references present telnet, FTP,
account creation headed toward rhosts, and such, and
they are badly misguided.  Although the advice Alex and
Mr. Orendorff is in the minority, it's valuable and
important.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net